July 26, 2012

AKB48’s Watanabe Mayu holds release event for “Otona Jelly Beans”



On July 25th, AKB48’s Watanabe Mayu held a release event for her 2nd solo single, “Otona Jelly Beans“, at a live house in Shibuya.
After performing her new song in front of her fans, Watanabe drew in the eye of a large daruma doll on cardboard. She smiled as she said, “I made a wish to take number 1 in AKB48’s General Elections if there is one next year. Wishes have to be big!” She also declared, “I will work hard this year, and will do my best to take number one next year!
Watanabe took 2nd in AKB48’s 4th General Election which was held just last month. As she drew in the eyes of the giant daruma, the crowd drew in the eyes of their daruma fans at the same time. Watanabe also wished for her new single to top the Oricon charts.
This cardboard daruma will be posted on a wall of a building in Shibuya Center Town for about a year. “Eh, is that okay? Wow, to have this personal thing in the city…” she expressed, continuing with, “I feel that my wish will really come true. I’m happy.
When it was pointed out that Shibuya Center Gai would be a lucky place, Watanabe agreed saying, “That’s right. Since it will adorn the center of Shibuya, I want it to absorb the power of everyone who walk in Shibuya.

Source & Photos: Mantan Web

0 comment:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...