July 19, 2012

AKB48’s Kashiwagi Yuki becomes “Satsuma ambassador” in Kagoshima


On July 17th, AKB48’s Kashiwagi Yuki was inaugurated as the “Satsuma ambassador” to promote her hometown of Kagoshima.
Kashiwagi paid a visit to governor Ito Yuichiro in Kagoshima, who presented the idol with a letter of appointment. “From the day I was born to the day I entered AKB48, for 15 years I was raised in Kagoshima. Right now, I’m very happy that I’ll get to promote the place I love that raised me,” she said.
Kashiwagi was chosen as the ambassador after her tv CMs and image posters for ‘Honmono. Kagoshima-ken‘ received favorable reputation. Sashihara Rino was previously appointed the sightseeing ambassador for Oita City, but Kashiwagi has become the first member to take on an entire prefecture. She expressed, “One day, I want to hold a live in Kagoshima, and call out, ‘Tadaima! (I’m home!)’. I want to continue to do my best.
In the morning, Kashiwagi held a photo shoot at Sakurajima while wearing an Oshima tsumugi weave (kimono made in Kyushu). She also sang her new solo song, “Kazanbai“, held a campaign in her hometown, made live appearances on 3 news programs, and held a handshake event in Kagoshima for the first time.
“Kanzanbai” was written by AKB48 producer Akimoto Yasushi, and it’s filled with one’s thoughts about their hometown. Kashiwagi commented, “Things like my hometown and my friends, the song is about my childhood. It’s become one of my favorite songs. I want to sing it carefully from now on.
This song can be found as the coupling track in French Kiss‘ single, “Romance Privacy“.

Source & Photos: Oricon

0 comment:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...