July 9, 2012

AKB48’s Masuda Yuka chosen to play Dorothy in musical ‘Wiz’



It’s been revealed that AKB48 member Masuda Yuka has been chosen to play the role of Dorothy in Miyamoto Amon’s upcoming musical, ‘Wiz ~Oz no Mahoutsukai~‘.
On July 2nd, the final auditions for the role was held in Tokyo. When Miyamoto announced the results, Masuda broke into tears and said, “For the role of Dorothy, I cut and dyed my hair. This is the first time I tried changing myself this much. It became an audition that I could lay my life on.
The musical is based on Lyman Frank Baum’s juvenile literature, ‘The Wizard of Oz‘, and 186 members from AKB48, SKE48, NMB48, and HKT48 auditioned for the role of Dorothy. Aside Masuda, AKB48’s Umeda Ayaka, Nakaya Sayaka, and Nakamura Mariko, SKE48’s Saito Makiko, and NMB48’s Yamamoto Sayaka made it into the final round.
Miyamoto explained his reason for choosing Masuda saying, “She is level-headed, and she is also pure. She is able to play any role. I don’t feel uneasy at all.
Regarding the rehearsals that will start in August, he declared, “I’m going to become more strict hereafter. There will be times when you will think, ‘That Amon…‘.” In response, Masuda powerfully stated, “I will face it. I have confidence in my physical strength.
During the final auditions, it was also announced that Jinnai Takanori, ISSA, Ehara Masahiro, Mori Kumiko, Koyanagi Yuki, and Seto Cathrine would be starring in the musical.
‘Wiz ~Oz no Mahoutsukai~’ is scheduled to run from September 29th to the 30th at KAAT Kanagawa Arts Theatre Hall, from October 4th to the 7th at Umeda Arts Theatre Main Hall, from October 18th to the 28th at Tokyo International Forum Hall C, and from November 3rd to the 6th at Chunichi Theatre.
Source & Photos: Mantan Web

0 comment:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...