September 23, 2012

AKB48’s Matsui Sakiko to host the “79th NHK Nationwide School Music Competition”


AKB48’s Matsui Sakiko has been chosen to host the “79th NHK Nationwide School  Music Competition”, which will air from October 6 to the 8th on NHK E-Tele. The competition is commonly referred to as NCon and is the biggest choral competition in Japan. More than 2000 schools  participate every year from every age range.
Every year, NCon chooses a J-POP artist for the students to make a rendition. Previous arrangements include Angela Aki’s “Tegami ~Haikei Juugo no Kimi e~” and Ikimonogakari’s “YELL”, and for 2012, YUI’s “fight” was chosen for the middle school group.
Matsui will be debuting with her own piano instrumental album “Kokyuu Suru Piano”, and she is currently enrolled in her university’s school of music. When she was in middle school, she was part of her music club and appeared at NCon for all three years. She says that she often hums the set piece of music from then even now.
Matsui said, “I went to the competition every year, and I watched the national contest every year on TV with my mom, so I was really happy when this was brought up. The event will be broadcast live, so I’ll probably be nervous, but I want to do my very best.”
==
Source: Barks

0 comment:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...