November 11, 2012

AKB48’s Kasai Tomomi to make her solo debut


On November 10, AKB48’s Kasai Tomomi (20) appeared in Tokyo for JRA’s (Japan Racing Association) ’Kasai Project‘ event.
During this event, it was announced that the idol would be making her solo debut under Nippon Crown on December 26. “I was surprised. It’s still like a dream,” she expressed. She will be holding her solo debut live during the Japan Cup this coming 25th at Tokyo Keibajo.
Earlier in spring, JRA started their campaign, ‘AKB no Gachi Uma‘, in which 27 AKB48 members over the age of 20 competed by betting on a horse race to star in JRA’s new CM. As the winner, Kasai will not only be getting a CM, but also a solo debut.
Kasai commented, “A solo debut was my dream. Because I’m used to a large number of people, I get nervous when I appear alone on variety shows. When it comes to singing, I think I’m going to be even more nervous. But this was my dream, so I want to enjoy it.
Although her debut single hasn’t been recorded yet, she shared that she’s already looked at the lyrics. “I get excited just by looking at it. It’s perfect for me, and I hope that people who listen to it will become happy.
Kasai became AKB48’s 2nd generation member along with Oshima Yuko (24) and Miyazawa Sae (21) back in April of 2006. Following Itano Tomomi (21), Maeda Atsuko (21 = graduated on August 27th), Iwasa Misaki (17), Watanabe Mayu (18), Sashihara Rino (19), Matsui Sakiko (21 = pianist), Kashiwagi Yuki (21 = in preparation), and Takahashi Minami (21 = in preparation), Kasai will become AKB48’s 9th member to debut as a soloist.
Aside from her solo debut live on the 25th, Kasai will also release her 1st solo photo book in late-January. Her CM for JRA will air starting on the 18th.
-
Source & Image: Oricon

0 comment:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...